Policies & Procedures
SxBRC is an accredited local environmental record centre (LERC). The aims of the accreditation are to identify a minimum level of standards, to build confidence in LERCs as bodies which hold biodiversity information in trust for society and manage public resources well. Specifically, the system:
- Provides a set of objective criteria against which LERC operation can be assessed to demonstrate that it is effective and efficient.
- Outlines core levels of products and services that an LERC should provide to assist key users.
- Ensures the LERC is actively working with data holders to improve the availability and quality of data.
- Provides guidance and examples of best practice to assist LERCs in their application.
- Recognises the existing range of business models that LERCs operate under.