Species Recorder is a biological recording tool intended to make entering records onto a computer as quick, simple, and painless as possible. It is specifically designed to produce Microsoft Excel files suitable for rapid import into Recorder 2002 (and now MapMate too) via its 'Import Wizard'. It is not intended as a general purpose recording tool, although the spreadsheet files it produces can be used for your own purposes, should you wish.
Note: Microsoft Excel 97 or above is required to run Species Recorder. If you do not have Excel, please email us to discuss alternatives.
- Very easy to learn and use
- Sussex species dictionary included
- Many Sussex locations included
- Creates standard Excel compatible spreadsheets
- Recorder 2002 import wizard compatible
- MapMate import compatible
- Record navigation – page back and forth between records
- Save and reopen – you can now reopen existing files and open those others have sent to you for editing or validation
Please note: Species Recorder is designed primarily for recording in Sussex. However, you may find it useful if used elsewhere. Please feel free it give it a try.
If you have any questions, problems or suggestions for enhancements and new features, please email Charles Roper at the record centre.
This software is licensed under the CC-GNU GPL.