Do you live in Brighton?
Do you have two evenings free in August? Want to help out with a bat survey?
Ideally you will have a bat detector but if not, don’t worry, we can lend you one.
What’s the survey about?
- We are trying to find out more about bats in urban areas.
- We need surveyors to walk a survey route from their house and record the numbers of bats they hear. The survey itself takes about 45 minutes and needs to take place just before sunset.
- You don’t have to identify individual bat species.
There will be a short training session on Wed 22 July in the evening at the Booth Museum for anyone who wants to take part.
This survey is a repeat of one that took place in 2007 – all previous surveyors are welcome to take part again!
If you interested please send a message to Cath Laing containing:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your daytime and evening telephone number
- Do you already have a bat detector?
[ Email Cath ]